NetBeans Enterprise Pack Features
The NetBeans Enterprise Pack 5.5 includes visual design tools to make it easier
to design applications, and also develop and maintain SOA applications, including:
- Graphical WSDL editor
- XML schema creation, modification, and visualization
- BPEL-based web service orchestration
- Secure Web services development
Note: UML modeling is available independently and directly from the Update Center.
All the necessary runtimes that are required to develop composite applications
are included in a single download of the bundle.
This includes a BPEL engine and the Identity Management Server,
which are integrated with Sun Java System Application Server.
The salient features in this release are:
- Support for BPEL 2.0 constructs
- New Composite Application project that allows you to create loosely coupled,
service-based composite applications for SOA
- New BPEL engine running as a service engine in a JBI environment
that is delivered in Sun Java System Application Server
- Author by Example (ABE) schema creation
- Support for building secure, identity-enabled web services
leveraging the Access Manager runtime, which is delivered in Sun Java System Application Server
SOA Visual Design Tools for Architects and Programmers
- XML Schema Tools: Create, visualize, and edit XML schema.
Visualize the relationships between schema elements.
Use queries to find usages and find unused global components. Schema creation wizards.
- BPEL Designer, visual editor for BPEL and WSDL:
Author, build, deploy, and test BPEL processes.
Includes a full two-way editor; BPEL runtime engine integrated with Sun Java System Application Server 9;
creation of loosely coupled, service-based composite applications for SOA;
full two-way round-trip designer; full process debugging integrated into NetBeans debugger.
- Interoperable secure web services development via the use of WSI-BSP token profiles
- Federated web services development conforming to Liberty specifications
- All the required runtime infrastructure, which includes Access Manager and
providers based on JSR 196 specifications, and Sun Java System Application Server,
is installed and fully configured as part of the NetBeans Enterprise Pack installation.
Java EE 5 SDK
- Enhances and extends the development support now available in the NetBeans 5.5 IDE.