NetBeans Dream Team
The NetBeans Dream Team is a community-driven group of highly skilled NetBeans users and contributors. They participate at NetBeans developer events, on mailing lists and developer forums, providing new, interesting and informative content as well as developing new and creative ways to promote NetBeans.
The NetBeans Dream Team strives to make the NetBeans open source project more accessible to our user, contributor, and partner communities.
Our Founding Members
Here are the 11 charter members of the NetBeans Dream Team, lead by Bruno Souza, NetBeans Community Manager.
|Instructor, Consultant, Author
|Writer & Speaker
|Aristides Villarreal Bravo
|Professor, Blogger, Writer, Translator
|User Support, Module Developer, Blogger, & Writer
|Software Architect, JUG leader & Blogger
|Module developer, Community leader & Blogger
|Speaker & Blogger
|Instructor & Speaker
|JUG leader, Speaker & Blogger
|Platform Developer & Consultant
Other Dream Team Members (Became members by nomination and election)
You can also view the matrix of expertise of each NetBeans Dream Team members
Roles & Responsibilities
- Act & represent the interests of NetBeans in a positive, professional manner
- Spend a pre-determined (by each individual person) amount of time on NetBeans related activities a week.
- Can include: blogging, writing content, localization work, answering questions on mailing list & representing NetBeans on industry forums, NetCAT participation, and other forms of contributing. See the new members section.
- Act as a local representative and contact for NetBeans & their skill set
- Work to improve the NetBeans IDE and Platform
- Has a proven strong allegiance to and is passionate about NetBeans
- Selection Criteria
- Not an employee of Sun Microsystems
- Actively involved in the NetBeans community & project
- Specialist in one or more areas of NetBeans (including packs & Platform)
- Individuals who can influence others (for example):
- Active on NetBeans mailing lists, industry forums and/or at industry events
- Leader or Member of a Java User Group (JUG), open source project or other complimentary community
- Lead in a large development team
- Experienced blogger
- Industry analyst
- NetBeans Module Developer
- NetBeans Patch Contributer
- Other Considerations:
- Language skills
- Research projects
- Strong character: honest, reputable and knowledgeable
- 1 year term with a simple confirmation process to continue if the member elects to continue to be a member. Members are asked if they would like to continue to be a member every year.
- Access to selected NetBeans Education resources
- Access to NetBeans conference materials: Presentations, CDs & ISO image, T-shirts, Print Materials
- NetBeans Gear: T-shirts, use of logo & title, listed bio on netbeans, other special promotional gear
- Increased individual Visibility & Prestige
- Special inside NetBeans access - roadmap planning meetings, discussions, etc.
- Publication opportunities
- Access to preview certain published material before it is released
The Dream Team is working on many projects and ideas
. See what the Dream Team is doing
. They are constantly brain storming and working to promote and improve NetBeans.
Dream Team Information